[Histonet] Ventana Nexus Special Stainer issues

Simmons, Christopher simmonsca <@t> upmc.edu
Thu Sep 13 08:57:06 CDT 2007

I have read many comments recently regarding silver staining issues on
the Nexus special stainer from Ventana.
I met yesterday withthe USA manager for special stains from Ventana. She
assures me that the issue is being researched.
I am having hit and miss staining here with the Grocott and Jones
stains.
Decontamination seems to help for a few days then the issue keeps
popping up.
We are about to pull the 2 stains from the stainer and do them by hand.
We have 6 stainers here, losing this stain will put a large burden on
the technicians.
Hope this helps to validate the issues others are having with the
stainer as well.

Chris Simmons
Lead Tech
UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside