FW: [Histonet] curious about soaking paraffin blocks.

Walzer Susan Susan.Walzer <@t> HCAHealthcare.com
Fri Oct 26 02:27:55 CDT 2007

As Lee Luna used to say..."Rehydrate, rehydrate, rehydrate"

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kemlo
Rogerson
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 2:59 AM
To: Cheri Miller; Heckford, Karen - SMMC-SF;
histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] curious about soaking paraffin blocks.

"Some on the net just like to try and make you feel foolish. I know of
SEVERAL techs (in diff labs, facilities, states etc.) that soak on
occasion when they feel it will benefit the cut etc. It's called
technique. As we all know, not all is equal in histology..........Cheri"

We are soaking for different reasons Cheri but I'm surprised it seems to
be a regular procedure in the US probably used to mask poor fixation or
processing.

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311
Mob 07749 754194; Pager 07659 597107;

Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. --Oprah Winfrey
This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation