[Histonet] cryo-sections, old question?

Emily Sours talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 02:22:06 CDT 2007

while searching through my discarded emails from histonet for another topic,
i found an email with this:
"For the last 5 years I have been promoting a system of face down embedding
tissue
  for frozen section which I developed over my 25 year surgical pathology
practice.
 The system is rapid, very precise and wastes very little tissue."
what is face down embedding? and what is heat-extracting a block--(the email
later mentions you can heat-extract it) couldn't you just cut it off with a
razor blade, or do others try to conserve mounting media and make super tiny
blocks (about 500 ul plus specimen equals tiny to me)?

emily
--
When you visualize a man or woman carefully, you could always begin to feel
pity...when you saw the lines at the corners of the eyes, the shape of the