[Histonet] Pathology Associate/Immunohistochemistry Technician position at MedImmune, Inc.

Richman, Laura RichmanL <@t> MedImmune.com
Thu Oct 25 18:17:18 CDT 2007

MedImmune, Inc. is expanding its Experimental Pathology unit in
Gaithersburg, MD and is seeking a highly motivated Pathology Associate
to join our interactive, fast-paced group.  The successful candidate
will be responsible for the following:

Major Duties and Responsibilities:

*	Responsible for the proper and effective conduct of technically
demanding immunohistochemical and tissue/cell-based experiments
(including tissue cross-reactivity studies), with oversight and support
from immediate supervisor.
*	Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, interprets results,
with potential for presenting findings at internal meetings.
*	Exercises interest and potential for significant technical
discretion in design, execution and interpretation of experimental
outcomes.
*	Conducts research and development in collaboration with
supervisor and other individuals within Research department
*	Prepares precise technical reports, summaries, protocols,
quantitative analyses, and maintains appropriate documentation of
experiments in laboratory notebooks, with oversight and guidance from
supervisor. May contribute to preparation of manuscripts and/or patent
applications.
*	Responsible for the correct operation of utilized lab equipment.
*	Instructs and assists others with the proper and effective
conduct of lab procedures when appropriate.
*	Requires minimal instructions on routine work, general
instructions on new assignments. Can follow
protocols without supervision. Reduces procedures to practice.
*	Works to develop a broader skill base, competence with lab
techniques, procedures  and protocols.

Requirements/Qualifications:

*	Education: Requires a Bachelor's/Master's degree in a scientific
discipline or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years experience with a
Bachelor's (2-4 years) or 1-2 years with a Master's and demonstrated
working knowledge of scientific principles.
*	Experience:  Minimum of 2 years experience with a Bachelor's
(2-4 years) or 1-2 years with a    Master's Degree.
*	Special Skills/Abilities:  GLP experience desired but not
required.
*	Job Complexity:  moderate
*	Supervision:  moderate level of independence

About MedImmune:
MedImmune is dedicated to helping patients live better lives through
advances in science and medicine. Hundreds of thousands of patients have
benefited from our products, which are designed to treat or prevent
infectious diseases, cancer and inflammatory diseases. Our extensive
research and development efforts are focused on these same areas.
Founded in 1988, MedImmune is one of the world's premier biotechnology
firms, with more than 2,500 employees worldwide. Continued investment in
people and infrastructure is necessary to support our growing portfolio
of products and programs, and we are committed to hiring and retaining
the best talent.
MedImmune employees share a commitment to helping people enjoy longer,
healthier and more fulfilling lives. Individual contributions are highly
valued in an environment characterized by an open exchange of ideas and
information. This entrepreneurial spirit is central to our culture,
where a passion for excellence meets cutting-edge technology.

Laura K. Richman, DVM, PhD
Diplomate, ACVP
Director, Pathology
MedImmune, Inc.
One MedImmune Way
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
phone: (301) 398-4741
fax: (301) 398-9741
To the extent this electronic communication or any of its attachments
contain information that is not in the public domain, such information
is considered by MedImmune to be confidential and proprietary, and
expected to be used only by the individual(s) for whom it is intended.
If you have received this electronic communication in error, please
reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and delete the
original message and any accompanying documents from your system
immediately, without copying, reviewing or otherwise using them for any
purpose.  Thank you for your cooperation.