[Histonet] screened cassettes

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 12:56:01 CDT 2007

If you use a screened cassette, you don't need to wrap them (but you will not feel comfortable doing that until you get use to using the screened cassettes).
  René J.

"Weston, Bernadette" <BWeston <@t> BarbHosp.com> wrote:
  Can anyone tell me their criteria for using screened cassettes, what
dimensions? All small skin? Do you wrap tiny pieces in filter paper in
addition to putting it into a screened cassette? I am concerned if a
piece in wrapped as well as put in the screened cassette that the
fixative will penetrate. Any thoughts on this subject would be
appreciated.

Bernadette Weston HT
Histology Supervisor
Barberton Citizens Hospital