SV: RE: [Histonet] Laser Capture Microdissection and thick rat brainsections

christina bisgaard christina_bisgaard <@t> yahoo.dk
Thu Oct 18 02:13:46 CDT 2007

Hi Bilqees,

  The reason I work with native rat brain sections is that formaldehyde fixation cross links the proteins in the tissue, resulting in a "false" 2D protein pattern.
  So I guess fixing in 37% formaldehyde is not compatible to my protocol??

  Christina

"Bhatti, Bilqees" <bhatti <@t> bcm.tmc.edu> skrev:  Hi Christina,

Try to bring brain sections to room temperature first, fix in 37 % formaldehyde for 5-10 minutes. These are thick sections, rinse in distilled water gently for 3-5 minutes. Then proceed with your protocol. Are you using
75% alcohol for fixation? You can skip this step when you fix in formaldehyde. Good Luck!

Bhatti, B

Baylor College of Medicine
Center for Comparartive Medicine
Houston, Texas