[Histonet] IHC mapping/morphometrics help?

Cheryl Cross ccross6032 <@t> aol.com
Wed Oct 3 08:43:00 CDT 2007

Hi everybody -
I am not even sure how to phrase my question appropriately, but i
will try...

I am working on some IHC of rodent brains. I would like to take IHC
stained serial sections and make a 3D map....I know this has been
done before with Amira software (which i do not have). I do, however,
have OsiriX. I think I can get this to work if I use Adobe
Illustrator to map my IHC staining neurons and astrocytes on a
regular old mouse brain section template (such as an image from
Paxinos, etc). I am, of course, looking for a quicker way to do
this :) My problem is that I am working off of photos - I can easily
transfer positive "dots" to a blank template at 10, 20, 40x etc...it
would be so much faster and easier if there was a quicker way to pick
up staining cells at the low power (2x) level. What I find using
photoshop is the resolution of the individual positive cells at 2x is
poor and they are blurry and throw off my count.

This may not make any sense at all the way I have written it - I'm
just hoping someone is doing something similar and can give me some
tips!  Any suggestions appreciated!!

Cheryl

Cheryl Cross, DVM, Dipl. ACVP
Researcher
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Tennessee Department of Pathology
2407 River Drive, Room A201
Knoxville, TN 37996-4542
(423) 967-2724
fax: 865-974-5616