[Histonet] Melan-A on Dako Immuno Stainer

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Thu Nov 29 09:02:33 CST 2007

We use Dako's Mel-A at 1:50, 20 min retrieval in a steamer using Dako's Target retrieval solution, and a 30 min incubation on the Autostainer.  Works beautifully with the Envision + kit.

Tom McNemar, HT(ASCP)
Histology Co-ordinator
Licking Memorial Health Systems
(740) 348-4163
(740) 348-4166
tmcnemar <@t> lmhealth.org
www.LMHealth.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Miley,
Joannah C.
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 1:31 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Melan-A on Dako Immuno Stainer

Our lab is demoing a Dako immuonstainer and I am having a hard time
optimizing our Melan-A.  The dilutions I have tried are 1:50, 1:100, and
1:200.  I have tried antigen retreival with EDTA pH9 and Citrate buffer
at pH 6.  I am incubating in the primary and polymer for 20 minutes
each.  I am still having a lot of trouble with excessive muddy
background.  Any ideas??

Thanks,

Joannah Miley, HT(ASCP)
NW Pathology