[Histonet] -80 degree freezer, repair question

Mickie Johnson mickie25 <@t> netzero.net
Wed Nov 21 19:20:33 CST 2007


You can purchase different types of refrigerator gasket material from an
appliance parts supply store. The cross-section shape comes in 'C', 'G', 'M'
and many types. You will need to know what your looks like. Maybe take a
thin slice of yours to compare with what they have available? Good Luck!


Mickie Johnson, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Mohs Histology Consulting Services, LLC
  & Mohs Lab Staffing
2507 S. Manito Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99203
Web: www.mohshistotemp.com & www.mohslabstaffing.com 
Email: mickie25 <@t> netzero.net
-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Monfils,
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 9:36 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] -80 degree freezer, repair question

We have a rather old Baxter Scientific Cryo-Fridge chest type -80 degree
freezer that works fine except the lid gasket is shot, so cold air leaks out
and frost and ice build up around the edges of the lid.  Does anyone know of
someone who could replace this gasket?  Or somewhere we could purchase the
part to install ourselves?  We are also unable to find particle filters for
the front door of the compressor compartment.
Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

More information about the Histonet mailing list