[Histonet] Histology Openings in Seattle (Everett), WA

Owen, Michael P michael.owen <@t> fda.hhs.gov
Wed Nov 21 18:34:06 CST 2007

craigslist seattle-tacoma science/biotech jobs
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/sci/485851194.html

Histology Technician/Histotechnologist
Reply to: hr <@t> snblusa.com
Date: 2007-11-21, 1:15PM PST

SNBL USA, Ltd.
Histology Technician/Histotechnologist

SNBL USA is a leading contract research organization located just 30
minutes from Seattle, in Everett, WA. Through a commitment to investment
and excellence, our team is able to offer the biotechnology and
pharmaceutical industries high quality science and service.
We are recruiting for a histology technician/histotechnologist.

This position will process, section, stain, and prepare slides of tissue
samples for microscopic evaluation by pathologists.

Responsibilities will include:
* Process, embed, section, and perform necessary stains to highlight
specific tissue patterns and structures.
* Perform quality control (QC) on finished slide preparations.
* Maintain required documentation of all procedures and laboratory
equipment.
* Review related documentation for deviations in Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP).
* Maintain and troubleshoot equipment operation failures; take
appropriate actions to keep interruptions in work flow to a minimum.
* Train and oversee histology laboratory personnel/assistants.
* Execute special histological and histochemical stains used to
emphasize specific tissue elements.
* Perform special histological procedures such as frozen sectioning and
electron microscopy preparations (e.g. plastic processing, embedding,
sectioning), and photomicrography.
* May delegate some technical duties to subordinates/laboratory
assistants.

Education & Experience:
* Associate's (A.A.) degree or higher, specializing in anatomy-related
medical science.
* HT/HTL certification by American Society of Clinical Pathologist
(ASCP).
* 1+ years related experience and/or training.
* Equivalent combination of education/experience will be considered.

SNBL USA, Ltd. is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug
test required.

For more information about SNBL USA, Ltd., please visit our website at
www.snblusa.com.

For consideration send cover letter and resume to: hr <@t> snblusa.com

Equal Opportunity Employer

Location: S. Everett
Compensation: SNBL USA, Ltd. offers a competitive compensation and
benefits package including health, dental, vision, pharmaceutical, life,
and disability insurances, 401(k), Section 125, and a generous PTO
package.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.

PostingID: 485851194

craigslist seattle-tacoma science/biotech jobs
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/sci/485856296.html

PATHOLOGY ASSOCIATE
Reply to: hr <@t> snblusa.com
Date: 2007-11-21, 1:21PM PST

SNBL USA, Ltd.
PATHOLOGY ASSOCIATE

SNBL USA is a leading contract research organization located just 30
minutes from Seattle, in Everett, WA. Through a commitment to investment
and excellence, our team is able to offer the biotechnology and
pharmaceutical industries high quality science and service. We are
recruiting for a Pathology Associate.

The primary role of the Pathology Associate will be to perform all gross
pathology related responsibilities including tissue trimming and
processing of all pathology related study subjects as specified in
company protocols and in compliance with GLP standards.

RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform gross pathology procedures
* Perform histology trimming procedures
* Inventory tissue blocks
* Perform room preparation and equipment maintenance
* Perform instrument maintenance
* Maintain stock and working solutions for mandatory fixatives and other
chemicals
* Recording pertinent data, written or computer input, for necropsy,
trimming, and maintenance.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma or equivalent, BS degree in a science discipline
preferred
* 2+ years of biological science laboratory work
* Excellent knowledge in anatomical biology
* Basic chemistry required
* Aptitude to learn new histology techniques in pathology services
* Ability to read, interpret, and implement client protocol procedures

SNBL USA, Ltd. is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug
test required.

For more information about SNBL USA, Ltd., please visit our website at
www.snblusa.com.

For consideration send cover letter and resume to: hr <@t> snblusa.com

Equal Opportunity Employer

Location: S. Everett
Compensation: SNBL USA, Ltd. offers a competitive compensation and
benefits package including health, dental, vision, pharmaceutical, life,
and disability insurances, 401(k), Section 125, and a generous PTO
package.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.

PostingID: 485856296

craigslist seattle-tacoma science/biotech jobs
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/sci/485854210.html

HISTOLOGY LABORATORY MANAGER
Reply to: hr <@t> snblusa.com
Date: 2007-11-21, 1:19PM PST

SNBL USA, Ltd.
HISTOLOGY LABORATORY MANAGER

SNBL USA is a leading contract research organization located just 30
minutes from Seattle, in Everett, WA. Through a commitment to investment
and excellence, our team is able to offer the biotechnology and
pharmaceutical industries high quality science and service. We are
recruiting for a Histology Laboratory Manager.

The primary role of the Histology Laboratory Manager will be to direct
and manage the daily operations and supervise the staff of the
histopathology department to ensure the highest quality product for
histopathology evaluation by pathologists, study directors, and clients
according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and regulations.

RESPONSIBILITIES
* Initiate, acquire and oversee installation and operation of all
equipment and instruments necessary to adequately perform histology,
immunohistochemistry, plastic, electron micrography, photomicrography,
and other related services.
* Develop and implement laboratory policies, departmental Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs) and validation/qualification requirements,
ensuring compliance with FDA (GLP), L&I, and other regulatory agencies
for study validity.
* Delegate and supervise appropriate responsibilities for histology
laboratory personnel.
* Identify and troubleshoot problems with personnel, equipment and
procedures.
* Coordinate and perform necropsy work, trimming, processing, microtomy,
staining and other technical duties as required.
* Control histology work schedule to meet study timelines.
* Supervise all administrative responsibilities as related to staffing
including analyzing future staffing needs.
* Conduct annual staff evaluations and enforces safety regulations.
* Maintain inventory control in cooperation with Laboratory Support
Services.
* Evaluate capital purchases and contracts with appropriate vendors,
writes purchasing proposals and constructs budget requirements.
* Create and implement training programs to establish and maintain
quality specimens using uniform methods in procedures and current
techniques.

EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor of Science degree specializing in histology or related
science and HT or HTL (ASCP) certification or equivalent.
* Must have eight years recent experience and/or training.
* 2+ years of demonstrated managerial experience in a laboratory
setting.

SNBL USA, Ltd. is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug
test required.

For more information about SNBL USA, Ltd., please visit our website at
www.snblusa.com.

For consideration send cover letter and resume to: hr <@t> snblusa.com

Equal Opportunity Employer

Location: S. Everett
Compensation: SNBL USA, Ltd. offers a competitive compensation and
benefits package including health, dental, vision, pharmaceutical, life,
and disability insurances, 401(k), Section 125, and a generous PTO
package.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.

PostingID: 485854210

Michael P. Owen, Regulatory Microbiologist
U.S. FDA Pacific Regional Lab Northwest
22201 23rd Drive SE  Bothell, WA 98021-4421
Phone: 425-483-4865     E-Mail: michael.owen <@t> fda.hhs.gov