[Histonet] IHC for MMP2, MMP9, TIMP1 and TIMP2

Sarka Lhotak lhotaks <@t> mcmaster.ca
Tue Nov 20 13:25:36 CST 2007

Hi Albert,
I did IHC for MMP2, MMP9, TIMP1, TIMP2, and also MT1-MMP, on human
tissues from breast carcinoma and bone metastasis from breast carcinoma
(i.e. in human tissue). It was published in Clinical and Experimental
Metastasis, 2000, 18(6):463-70. I believe the staining protocols and
antibodies used were described in sufficient detail there. I would
expect macrophages to stain for MMP-9, that's what I've seen as well
(and osteoclasts). Of course, I am not sure to what extent will these
antibodies work in sheep tissue.

Good luck, check that paper, if you have questions, let me know. I
would have to dig deep into my log books, it's been a while.

Regards,

Sarka Lhotak, PhD

McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
lhotaks <@t> mcmaster.ca