[Histonet] Giemsa Stain

Bill bill501 <@t> mindspring.com
Wed Nov 14 15:44:49 CST 2007

At 9:53 AM -0800 11/14/07, Tarango, Mark wrote:
>Seriously, if you're looking for H. Pylori, you should have an H. Pylori
>control.

I use a colon control to be sure bacteria stain. I know what H. pylori look like so do not need to see them specifically every time.

I like Alcian yellow better, but we have trouble getting it. Anyone know of a good, reliable source in the US? I think IHC is overkill and too expensive. We should all hold down medical costs. Besides, most of the docs treat for H. pylori if they see an appropriate gastritis during gastroscopy whether I report H. pylori or not.

Bill