[Histonet] viability stain for 450 micron brain slices

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Nov 7 18:38:00 CST 2007

Try a live cell/dead cell kit. You see this application used alot on
thick sections of cartilage, etc.  I think I might have a reference for
thick sections of articular cartilage.  If you can get away without
using fluoresence I would try TTC staining.  Just search for TTC and rat
brain or something like that, its used quite a bit in the literature.
You might also try NADH.  I have a protocol for the NADH stain but its
for frozen sections and it may work for thick sections.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592