[Histonet] vacuoles in H&E stain

Hugh Luk hlukey <@t> msn.com
Fri May 25 21:26:00 CDT 2007

This was my first impression also.  If your temperature is around 100 C, you
are splitting the nuclear contents.

Jackie O'Conner and I have seen it once before, from a reference lab we were
using.

The solution is simple: you just need to bring your dryer temperature down
(lessening the temperature should increase your drying time).

The only other thing that comes to mind is too much water in your fixative
(hypotonic), but your experiment with the lab across town, discounted this.

Good luck,
Hugh Luk, HTL (ASCP)
hluk <@t> crch.hawaii.edu
Pathology Shared Resources Lab