[Histonet] Laboratory fume hood

Robert Chiovetti rchiovetti <@t> yahoo.com
Mon May 21 17:19:25 CDT 2007

Christine,

The most popular airflow meters I see on fume hoods are made by Dwyer Instruments, and they're called Magnehelic meters.  They are frequently used as original equipment on fume hoods.  They come with different scales on them, and they cost about $60 - $70.  You can buy a flat mount to put the meter on your fume hood for about $25.  I think you can get either a digital display model or the old-fashioned style with a needle and a scale.

Check them out at:

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/htdocs/pressure/Series2000Price.cfm

Also, it would be a good idea to check with your facilities folks or the HVAC guys to make sure this meter would do the trick for you.  If the State of California requires an alarm, I'll bet that Dwyer Instruments has something to meet that requirement.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interests in Dwyer Instruments or Magnehelic.  I jsut see a lot of them out there.

Cheers,

Bob

Robert (Bob) Chiovetti, Ph.D.
Southwest Precision Instruments

Arizona's Microscopy Resource
132 North Elster Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710-3212
Tel./Fax 520-546-4986
www.swpinet.com
Member, Arizona Small Business Association
(www.asba.com)