[Histonet] RE:Switching from hospital histo to Research

Bernice Frederick b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu
Mon May 14 14:43:51 CDT 2007

Carol,
I actually work in what my boss calls "A hybrid" We do animal as well as
human correlative studies on cancer clinical trials. We are the histo
lab for ECOG- basically any clinical trial tissue comes to us for
banking and correlative studies on active trials. As for the animal, we
do the histo for the many research labs at the university. I have seen a
few in my short time here cross over to human. It's neat to read about
something out there and realize "hey we had a doctor doing that
experiment"
How come you don't have a staff pathologist? I have a friend at Abbott
and they have one on hand. We have one here for research as well as
clinical trials. We also have the luxury that Northwestern Memorial
Hospital is across the street!!! Our director has the final approval on
antibody titres etc.
Bernice

Bernice Frederick HTL (ASCP)
Sr. Research Tech/Supervisor