[Histonet] Murine perfusion for whole autoradiography

Jamie E Erickson jamie.erickson <@t> abbott.com
Fri Mar 30 13:46:55 CDT 2007

HI All,
               I saw this posting of perfusion for mouse brain and had to
ask a similar question.
I am working on doing biodistrubtion of whole mice with I125 labeled
antibodies. The question I have is I want to perfuse out all the
radioactive blood from my mice before sectioning the whole mouse  so that
I can look to see where the binding might be and have little radioactivity
due to blood content.  If the pressure in the perfusion is to high this
may push my radioactive antibody by pressure my  into an area that is not
where it would have gone in-vivo without perfusion giving me a false
positive location.
      So is there a way to mimic physiological pressure in a mouse so that
this would not be an issue. How high would you hang the perfusion bag for
a mouse???

Any thoughts???

Jamie Erickson
Sr. Research Associate