[Histonet] Murine brain perfusion

scoop <@t> mail.nih.gov scoop <@t> mail.nih.gov
Fri Mar 30 10:35:45 CDT 2007

Dear Histonetters,

I do mouse perfusion using a 24 gauge tubing adaptor (no sharp ends)
in the left ventricle and cut the right atrium open (you need
somewhere for the perfusion fluid to exit the sytem).  But I have
always wanted to try cannulating the aorta  or vena cava - what size
catheter or tubing do people use for that?  Also, is it possible to
cannulate the aorta through the left ventricle?

Thanks,
Sharon