[Histonet] Help with FISH

Angela McNabola angela.mcnabola <@t> ikonisys.com
Fri Mar 30 09:11:11 CDT 2007

Hi all,

I just started a new job (after Bayer here in CT decided to give 400+
researchers the boot) and shut its doors.

I need help with FISH.  I am familiar with the techniques and background
methods, however, the person who was responsible for the probe work-up
and validation is leaving shortly.  I can "perform" the procedure using
purchased probes with good results, but I really need some training.

Can anyone make any recommendations as to where we can go, who we can
talk to, and some good reference materials that could help us?  I should
mention that I am on the east coast, so any travel for training would
have to be on this end of the country.  I should also say that I do have
a good foundation of molecular biology and pathology, but really need
some advice.

Thank you in advance,

Angela

Angela McNabola, MS HT(ASCP)SLS, QIHC