[Histonet] About the Kurabo AS-200 sectioning instrument.

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 12:23:27 CDT 2007

Kurabo Ltd. will exhibit in Tampa at ABRF 2007 from 1 to 3 April, but NOT this instrument.
  René J.

Mary L Giebel/FS/VCU <mlgiebel <@t> vcu.edu> wrote:
    Has anyone found out the price in US dollars including setup and shipping?

-----histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu wrote: -----

  To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
From: Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Date: 03/22/2007 11:47AM
Subject: [Histonet] About the Kurabo AS-200 sectoining instrument.

Dear Colleagues:
 Yesterday I e-mailed Kurabo Industries Ltd. asking for additional information about the AS-200 instrument and today I received their answer.
 Mr. Hiroomi Ipposhi from the Bio-Medical Department sent me a "pdf" that pritty much says the same thing as was posted.
 The instrument can prepare 200 sections (1 per slide) from 1 slide in 2 hours or 10 slides with 1 section each from 20 blocks in the same 2 hours for an average of 10 blocks/hour. The sections are transferred on a film.
 The national sectioning productivity average ranges from 17 to 70 blocks/hour with an average of 31 blocks/hour, which means that this instrument's productivity is 58% of the lower end productivity, 14% of the upper end, and just 32% of the overall average.
 Starts sectioning at a pre-determined depth so its main application would be on large specimens several mm thick to produce probably control slides.
 I don't think could be in any way be used for the tiny biopsies received daily in the histology lab.
 Kurabo Bio-Medical can be reached at:
 bio <@t> ad.kurabo.co.jp  Phone:+81-6-6266-501l Osaka, Japan.
 It is a textiles manufacturing company founded more than 100 years ago during the Meiji Revolution that started diversifiying into biomedical instruments only a few years ago.
 I thought you may be interested in knowing!
 René J.