[Histonet] delivery time of last tray of H&E

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 11:52:41 CDT 2007

Laura:
  For a laboratory I used to manage with quite similar annual workload we had the following schedule:
  1- last tissue accepted at 7:00 PM;
  2- two VIPs atarting with delay to be finished at 4:00 AM next day;
  3- Rushes ready for the pathologists at 8:00 AM next day;
  4-All slides ready, the latest, at 1:00 PM.
  5- All IHC ready by 2 PM
  6- all HC ready by noon.
  René J.

"Galiotto, Laura" <LGaliotto <@t> nch.org> wrote:
  Hello Fellow Histo Tech's,
Will anyone be willing to share the delivery time of the last tray of H&E for the days workload to the pathologist reading them?
What is your cutoff time for specimen acceptance? What is your annual case workload?
I am trying to improve the TAT from specimen gross to the H&E delivered to the pathologist. Unless we change the cutoff time I can not see how I can do this? Any suggestions?
We process 22,000 cases a year an average of 280 blks a day consisting of types of tissue.
Please Help
Laura

This E-Mail/telefax message and any documents accompanying this transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended solely for the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the intended addressee/recipient, you are hereby notified that any use of, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on the contents of this E-Mail/telefax information is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action against you. Please reply to the sender advising of the error in transmission and immediately delete/destroy the message and any accompanying documents. Thank you.