[Histonet] job posting San Antonio

LINDA MARGRAF LINDA.MARGRAF <@t> childrens.com
Tue Mar 20 09:40:32 CDT 2007

Research Histotechnologist - San Antonio

The Texas Research Park is a component of the University of Texas Health Science Center located on highway 211 to the west of San Antonio. There is a histology core here at the Park currently run by a senior histotechnologist, who will be leaving soon to move away from San Antonio. Therefore we are searching for a replacement.

The job may be quite different from what you may be used to, if you now work as part of a large clinical histology lab. As the person running the Histology Core at the Research Park you are more or less "your own boss" because you can arrange your work hours to suit your own schedule. The work is quite varied, involving many new procedures as well as immunohistochemistry. The person we are looking for is independent, self-organized, and a good troubleshooter. Direct experience with new and experimental techniques is not a prerequisite. Our current histotechnologist has generously offered to stay here longer for a brief period to train her replacement.

Please go to the web site www.uthscsajobs.com and do "search postings" -- leave "job category" as "any" and use the pull down menu under "job title" to look for "Histotechnologist IV." If you think you don't qualify for the IV level we can adjust the position according to your requirements. Also the salary is negotiable.

If I can answer any questions please ask; if you would like to visit us in the Research Park and look at the facilities please send an email to the address below and I will set up a visit.

Peter J. Hornsby, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Physiology
Sam and Ann Barshop Institute for Longevity and Aging Studies
15355 Lambda Drive, STCBM Bldg.
San Antonio, TX 78245

web site: http://physiology.uthscsa.edu/research/faculty_view.asp?id=9
e-mail: hornsby <@t> uthscsa.edu