[Histonet] temperature range of tissue floatation baths

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Mon Mar 19 13:26:28 CDT 2007

We also use type 9 paraffin.  Our range is 40c to 48c.

Tom McNemar, HT(ASCP)
Histology Co-ordinator
Licking Memorial Health Systems
(740) 348-4163
(740) 348-4166
tmcnemar <@t> lmhealth.org
www.LMHealth.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Vickroy,
Jim
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 1:18 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] temperature range of tissue floatation baths

Recently we were cited for not measuring the temperature of our water
baths (tissue floatation baths).  We use Richard Allan Type 9 paraffin.
I am trying to put down a range of acceptable temperatures for our daily
quality control.  Any ideas?

Jim Vickroy

Technical Supervisor - Surgical and Autopsy Pathology

Memorial Medical Center

specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the
taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.