[Histonet] Fixing non-gyn cytologies

Christine Bark CBark <@t> memorialcare.org
Fri Mar 9 12:43:02 CST 2007

Hi all,
            We have been having a problem with our non-GYN PAPs. I've
changed the staining procedure to our pathologists liking but they want
a better fixation procedure as well. Currently we spin the samples in a
centrifuge, remove the excess liquid, cyto-spin the sediment and spray
with Surgipath's cytology fixative. What is everyone else doing? Any
help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Christine Bark
Senior Histotech, Pathology
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center
949-452-3548
cbark <@t> memorialcare.org

privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Sign up for your free MemorialCare Medical Information and Access Card at
http://www.memorialcare.com/apps/AccessCard/AboutCard.cfm