[Histonet] Nuclear artefact

Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist Terry.Marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk
Wed Jun 27 11:59:19 CDT 2007

Look more closely. They are not nuclear.

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gale,
Nadia
Sent: 27 June 2007 17:54
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Nuclear artefact

Urgent help required!!!

I know that I've seen previous messages regarding this artefact but need
some current views on the subject.

I am seeing nuclear artefact in some of our formalin fixed paraffin
embedded tissues.  The artefact appears as vacuoles or bubbles in the
nuclei with H&E.  I have tried multiple things to fix this to no avail.

Please, please provide your wisdom as to what could be causing this.  I
am at a loss!!!

Many thanks in advance,
Nadia Gale
Histotechnologist
Centre for Translational and Applied Genomics (CTAG) 3427-600 West 10th
Avenue Vancouver, BC V5Z 4E6 tel 604-877-6000 ext 2426 fax 604-877-6089