[Histonet] donkey serum

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Fri Jun 22 11:29:43 CDT 2007

Andrea,

I "Googled" donkey serum and Biocompare came up with many sources - 500 ml
from Biomeda Corp for $90;   Equitech-Bio 500 ml for $55.  We buy large
volumes of serum (goat 500 ml) realiquot upon arrival - in 50 ml centrifuge
tubes, freeze down and store at -27C.  Sigma might even have it but you pay
the price of shipping.

I don't know if price reflects quality, but it certainly is cheaper than
the lyophilized but excellent serum from Jackson.

Have a nice weekend.

At 10:02 AM 6/22/2007, you wrote:
>Does anyone use donkey serum from another source besides Jackson
>ImmunoResearch and have excellent results? Their serum is so costly for
>high volume IHC.

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor