[Histonet] Evaluating AP system

Jasper, Thomas G. TJasper <@t> smdc.org
Wed Jun 20 15:25:18 CDT 2007

Hi Theresa,

We were users of PowerPath (Impath) and very happy with the system.  Unfortunately, we've had to give it up for the sake of the rest of Laboratory Services.  The upper administration here wants everyone (all labs) on the same system.  Great idea, the only problem now is the AP module for this integrated system isn't even close to as good as PowerPath was.  My vote would definitely be for PowerPath.
If you wish, I can discuss further off this list server, we are now going through a very difficult transition having given up PowerPath.
Tom J.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of
TMSykora <@t> gundluth.org
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 2:11 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Evaluating AP system

Hi all, we our pathology department is looking to upgrade our current
computer AP system.  We have narrowed the search down to four vendors.
They are:

Cerner DHT- CoPathPlus
Impac Medical Systems - PowerPath
Psyche Systems Corp - WindoPath
SCC Soft Computer - SoftPath

Any feedback is welcome.  Positive or negative

Thanks for your help,

Theresa Sykora
Histology Laboratory
Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center