[Histonet] Technovit 7200VLC

Prior, Andrew Andrew.Prior <@t> Smith-Nephew.com
Thu Jun 14 08:13:36 CDT 2007

Dear Histonetters,

I am looking for other people that work with Technovit 7200VLC resin on
large (25x25x4mm) samples. At the moment the infiltration takes 3 days
for each of the graded stages (30-100%) and the final 100% resin step
takes up to 18 days. This is what is recommended by the manufacturers of
the Exakt system we use, but seems rather a long time! We have tried
reducing the times but have ended up with poor section quality.
Unfortunately we cannot reduce the sample size as serial sections have
to be cut.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this resin, and have a
method to reduce the infiltration times? Any suggestions greatly
appreciated.

 Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Andrew Prior
Histologist
Smith &Nephew Research Centre
York Science Park
Heslington
York
YO10 5DF
UK

Andrew.Prior <@t> smith-nephew.com
Confidentiality.
This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to Smith & Nephew and intended solely for the addressee. It may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee, or someone authorised by the intended addressee to receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain, disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on this transmission. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message.

Smith & Nephew UK Limited
Registered in England and Wales No.4421171 with registered office at 15 Adam Street, London WC2N 6LA