[Histonet] DAB residues removal

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 07:19:42 CDT 2007

If it is just to clean glassware, place it in bleach until the stain is removed.
  If that glassware is to be used again for IHC procedures, you have to be ABSOLUTELY sure that ALL the bleach resideues have been eliminated.
  René J.

Olek Michalski <olek.michalski <@t> nencki.gov.pl> wrote:

Dear Histonetters,

There are many procedures using DAB for staining. We apply some in our
lab, so sometimes there is need for cleaning Coplin jars covered w/ brown
residue. I normally do it by putting glassware into NaOH solution
containing some detergent over weekend and cleaing w/ brush afterwards.
Recently I heard there used to be more efficient protocol for DAB residue
removal but I can't find it. I know Dako provides DAB-away kit, but
supposedly it would be too much for couple jars per week. Do you know any
better way to deal with this problem?

Best regards
Olek Michalski

--
Laboratory of Neurobiology
of Development and Evolution

Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology
ul. Pasteura 3, 02-093 Warszawa, Poland
Tel. +48 22 5892268, Fax +48 22 8225342