[Histonet] mayers bluing

Mickie Johnson mickie25 <@t> netzero.net
Sat Jul 28 07:16:39 CDT 2007

Hi Steve,

Mayer's is a lot like Gill I. Yes you can use a bluing solution like ammonia
water or Scott's tap water very well and cut you time down considerably.
Send me your protocol and I will review if you like.

Good Luck

Mickie

Mickie Johnson, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Mohs Histology Consulting Services, LLC
  & Mohs Lab Staffing
2507 S. Manito Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99203
509-954-7134
Web: www.mohshistotemp.com & www.mohslabstaffing.com
Email: mickie25 <@t> netzero.net

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Steven
Coakley
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 6:31 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] mayers bluing

I just started working in a Derm. lab that uses Mayers, 3 stations of 5
minutes each followed by a 10 minute water rinse on an automatic stainer.
I've never worked with Mayers as the primary hematoxylin.  Can Mayers be
used with a bluing agent instead of the long water rince?  Longest darn H&E
I've ever had to wait on!!!!