[Histonet] Ribboning problems

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Fri Jul 27 09:19:53 CDT 2007

I need some help! I have a Leitz 1512 with over 100,000 miles on it (my
new microtome's "in the mail").  Suddenly I get a full face followed by
a compression on the left side of the ribbon, then another full face,
compression, etc., etc.  The 'tome is lubed and the track greased; knife
holder firmly set; back of knife clean; phase of moon in sync with
planetary alignment. I have to cut at 5 microns to begin with because 4
no longer gives anything but an accordion pleat.  What am I missing???
Help!!  I still have 60 blocks to cut and get out before 9:30!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700