[Histonet] Slide subbing vs superfrost plus, pros/cons?

MVaughan4 <@t> ucok.edu MVaughan4 <@t> ucok.edu
Sun Jul 22 14:19:59 CDT 2007

Histonetters,
Since Maria brought up poly-l-lysine subbing, what are the
advantages/disadvantages of subbing slides versus purchasing the superfrost
plus slides? I used to sub slides back in the day, but when I have money I
will buy the commercial slides. However, recently I have had variable
results with tissues falling off during processing, especially protease
treatments. I am considering returning to subbing, or at least training
undergraduates to do the subbing as coursework.
Mel