[Histonet] Tracheal Whole Mounts

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 08:33:24 CDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I have been asked to do some IHC staining on mouse tracheal whole mounts.  I was wondering if anyone has done this; I am looking for information on how to flatten out the trachea once it is removed from the animal.

Do you think I should fix it first and then flatten it or fix and flatten at the same time.  Any thoughts or suggestions on how to flatten a mouse trachea would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)
Cambridge, MA