[Histonet] Methods for flash freezing

Crystal Morris Crystalmo <@t> fmchealth.org
Tue Jul 10 06:06:56 CDT 2007

Good morning,
I am looking to get some info on flash freezing for frozen sections. Currently we use the can freeze it spray, along with the heat extractor in the cryostat, to do it faster, however I am concerned with safety and feel that this poses a huge exposure risk. We have found that using the heat extractor alone is not fast enough in cases with multiple specimens and tend to get freeze artifact, most likely due to overzealous pathologists. What is everyone else using? Do you use the canned spray?
Thanks
Crystal Morris M.T.(ASCP)
Anatomical Supervisor
Fairfield Medical Center Laboratory
401 N. Ewing St.
Lancaster, Ohio 43130
(740) 687-8807

"Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
Any unauthorized review; use; disclosure or distribution
is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message."