[Histonet] marker to measure if sorted or FACSed cells are contaminated?

scoop <@t> mail.nih.gov scoop <@t> mail.nih.gov
Fri Jul 6 15:18:57 CDT 2007

Dear Histonetters,

I'm sorting mouse bone marrow cells (using magnetic beads).  I would
like to do a western on my sorted cells to determine whether the
erythroid cells are contaminated with macrophages or B-cells.  Does
anyone know of an antibody to a mouse bone marrow macrophage marker
and a mouse bone marrow B-cell marker that I can use for this
purpose?  I was thinking about F4/80 and CD11 but I don't know if
they work in a western.

Thanks in advance!
Sharon