[Histonet] ASCP EXAM

Patti Loykasek ploykasek <@t> phenopath.com
Wed Jan 31 11:37:33 CST 2007

I was disappointed that the practical was discontinued, but I know there
were many logistical and other reasons for this. It has been our practice
for several years to administer a microtomy test to all registered histology
job applicants. At first, I was uncomfortable asking applicants to do this
but thought it was a 'necessary evil'.  I have found all skill levels of
cutting, and that this does not necessarily relate to level of
certification, years of experience or resume. I have not asked anyone to
perform any stains, but I do ask questions relating to basic procedures.

Patti Loykasek BS, HTL, QIHC
PhenoPath Laboratories
Seattle, WA