AW: [Histonet] Goldner's Trichrome Staining

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Wed Jan 24 11:10:34 CST 2007

Your protocol sounds like an onestep trichrome, but in my literature Goldner
consists of more.

nuclei-staining with weigert
Staining in a mixture of acid fuchsin and Ponceau de Xylidin
(0,2 g Ponceau de Xylidin and 0,1 g Acid fuchsin in 300 ml Aqua dest. Plus
0,6 ml 100% acetic acid)
Rinse in 1% acetic acid
Differentiate in PMA-Orange G solution (few minutes)
(3-5g Phosphormolybdic acid and 2 g Orange G in 100 ml Aqua dest)
Rinse in 1% acetic acid
Counterstain with lightgreen (0,1% 100 ml plus 0,2 ml 100% acetic acid)
5 min 1% acetic acid
Dehydrate, clear and mount

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin