[Histonet] Frozen Section H&E's

Terri Braud tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Wed Jan 24 10:37:09 CST 2007

This is what we use at our lab

1.	Immerse slides in 95% alcohol in coplin jar for a min of 10 seconds.
2.	Rinse gently in running tap water for 10 seconds.
3.	Place slides in Richard Allen Hematoxylin 7211 for 40 seconds.
4.	Rinse slides in tap water -5 dips.
5.	Rinse slides in tap water -5 dips.
6.	Wash slides in Bluing Reagent -Shandon Cat.#  9990176 10 dips.
7.	Place slides in tap water -5 dips.
8.	Place slides in 1% Alcoholic Eosin stain -10 dips.
9.	Place slides in 95% alcohol , 2 changes, -5 dips each.
10.	Place slides in 100% alcohol, 2 changes, -10 dips each.
11.	Place slides in Clear Rite (xylene substitute), 2 changes, -10 dips each.
12.	Coverslip slides with permanent mounting media, compatible with Xylene.

-Hope it helps
Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supv.
Laboratory, Holy Redeemer Hospital