[Histonet] Frozen Section H&E's
tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Wed Jan 24 10:37:09 CST 2007
This is what we use at our lab
1. Immerse slides in 95% alcohol in coplin jar for a min of 10 seconds.
2. Rinse gently in running tap water for 10 seconds.
3. Place slides in Richard Allen Hematoxylin 7211 for 40 seconds.
4. Rinse slides in tap water -5 dips.
5. Rinse slides in tap water -5 dips.
6. Wash slides in Bluing Reagent -Shandon Cat.# 9990176 10 dips.
7. Place slides in tap water -5 dips.
8. Place slides in 1% Alcoholic Eosin stain -10 dips.
9. Place slides in 95% alcohol , 2 changes, -5 dips each.
10. Place slides in 100% alcohol, 2 changes, -10 dips each.
11. Place slides in Clear Rite (xylene substitute), 2 changes, -10 dips each.
12. Coverslip slides with permanent mounting media, compatible with Xylene.
-Hope it helps
Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supv.
Laboratory, Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
LeVier, Rebecca J wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I need some help, please.
> Would someone be willing to share reagents and times of the H&E stain
> for frozen sections if you are using a xylene substitute?
> We are having a hard time clearing....
> Thanks so much in advance.
> Rebecca J. LeVier BS HT(ASCP)
> Histology Supervisor
> Email: rjlevier <@t> lancastergeneral.org
> Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any
> attachments, is for the sole use of intended recipient(s) and may
> contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
> review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
> destroy all copies of the original message.
> Histonet mailing list
> Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Atoska S. Gentry, B.S., HT(ASCP)
Research Assistant IV
Scott-Ritchey RSCH Center
College of Vet. Med
Auburn, AL 36849
PH (334) 844-5579
FAX (334) 844-5850
email: gentras <@t> vetmed.auburn.edu
Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential,
and the use or disclosure of such information may also be restricted under applicable
federal and state law. If you received this communication in error, please do not
distribute any part of it or retain any copies, and delete the original E-Mail.
Please notify the sender of any error by E-Mail at the electronic address shown.
Thank you for your cooperation.
More information about the Histonet