[Histonet] Frozen Section H&E's

Atoska Gentry gentras <@t> vetmed.auburn.edu
Wed Jan 24 10:21:45 CST 2007

Hello, I use the following H&E protocol for frozen sections:

1. Stain in Mayer's hematoxylin 5min.
2. Wash in tap H2O 5min.
3. 1% Eosin 3min.
4. Wash in deionized or distilled H2O 3min.
5. Dehydrate in ascending ethanols (ETOH): (x2) 95%,  (x2) 100% all 2
min. each (ea.)
6. Clear in (x2)  Hemo-de (xylene substitute) 2 min. ea. then xylene
7. Mount in mounting medium of your choice ( I use cryoseal -60)

             _1% Eosin
_Eosin Y 5g.
Distilled H2O 750 ml
2% Acetic Acid 10 ml.
100% ETOH 250 ml.
Dissolve Eosin in H2O add alcohol & acid. Ready for immediate use.
Best wishes, Atoska

--
Atoska S. Gentry, B.S., HT(ASCP)
Research Assistant IV