Fwd: Re: [Histonet] HER2 and the 48 hour rule

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 13:48:29 CST 2007

I meant MINERAL OIL.
  René J.

Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:
  Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 11:43:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Rene J Buesa <rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com>
To: sheila adey <sheila_adey <@t> hotmail.com>, ploykasek <@t> phenopath.com,
1dpeterson <@t> meriter.com, histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
CC:
Subject: Re: [Histonet] HER2 and the 48 hour rule

Sheila:
I would never leave tissues in xylene, it makes them very brittle and hard to section. This is one of the reasons why I stopped using xylene altogether in 1998 and substituted it with mineral (where you can leave the tissues for as long as you want).
René J.

sheila adey wrote:
This prompts a new question.
I'm curious as to whether other labs that don't work weekends leave their
tissues in formalin with a delayed start or do you start the processor right
away and leave the tissues in Xylene as stated below?

Sheila Adey HT MLT
Port Huron Hospital
Michigan