[Histonet] WT-1 and others

Carlos Prada-Puentes Carlos.Prada-Puentes <@t> tst.nhs.uk
Tue Jan 23 08:49:17 CST 2007

Hello all

I was an old member of Histonet back in 1999 and now I need your
expertise again. We are doing ThinPrep for most of fluids and FNAs. Our
results with immunocytochemistry in ThinPrep are very "inconsistent"
especially with nuclear markers like TTF-1, ER and WT-1. With WT-1 we
perform some antigen retrieval but it only works with High pH which
spoils morphology. I wonder if anyone knows any standarised protocol for
ThinPrep and Immuno which works reasonably for most antibodies so our
BMS staff can have an easier life.

Thanks in advance to all

Dr Carlos Prada-Puentes
Taunton & Somerset NHS Trust