[Histonet] i bought a tissue processor on EBAY!

Zummak Melissa Melissa.Zummak <@t> ssfhs.org
Mon Jan 22 20:07:45 CST 2007

Debbie,

I have a Shandon citadel that I would love to get rid of, if you are
interested let me know.

Melissa Zummak
AP Supervisor
Alverno Clinical Lab
Hammond, IN

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Debbie
Keith
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2007 5:03 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] i bought a tissue processor on EBAY!

hey everyone!

I've been wrestling with a problem and it finally occurred to me to
bring it here.  you were all a great resource during the "cryostat
debacle of 2006".  yes, that time was so traumatic it earned quotation
marks....  ;)

i've been trying to set up a lab (CHEAP) and i purchased an older
shandon hypercenter tissue processor on (GULP) e-bay.  it was C-H-E-A-P.
it got damaged by the freight company so i'm having to jump through a
million hoops to get reimbursed.  the key that is required for
programming got bent to the point of breaking off... now it is STUCK in
the machine. two of the ribbon-cable serial ports were actually bent
inward, the reagent hose was broken and the machine used to power up...
now turns on to a screen that says "internal error".

i have to have a biomedical person look at it... and determine it is not
worth repair and send a letter on company letter-head.  i called my
biomedical person... and they don't work on shandon...  NARF!

i paid $770 for the thing.  what are the odds that i might be able to
fix it for less than the price i paid?

anyone out there want parts for THEIR hypercenter?  maybe it'd be easier
to sell what is salvageable AND help other histnetters out there the
MIGHT be looking for a reagent reservoir or something?

AND if anyone has a shandon citadel laying around they might wanna get
rid of...  let me know.  :)

(i work for the CHEAPEST Dr. on the planet!!!!)

i appreciate any input...  :)

debbie

--
1/22/2007