[Histonet] Technovit 9100 new fails to polymerize

Andrejs Ivanovs vonavi <@t> inbox.lv
Sat Jan 20 20:02:40 CST 2007

Hello,

As I wrote you some weeks ago, we started to use Technovit 9100 New
for tissue embedding. You helped me to solve my previous problems.
And I hope, you will help me to solve my present problems.

Now the main problem is that we are having some troubles with the
polymerization of Technovit 9100 New. The polymerization mixture does
not want to become hard. We filled 3 ml trial moulds with 3 ml of
polymerization mixture. Moulds were vacuumed and sealed. We tried to
perform the polymerization reaction at -30 degrees C, -20 degrees C,
-4 degrees C, +4 degrees C, +20 degrees C. Technovit 9100 New fails
to polymerize. After a week, the polymerization mixture becomes
gelatinous but not hard (we cannot use EXAKT Cutting/Grinding system
when our blocks are like a jellyfish). We used the manufacturer's
protocol. The preparation of the polymerization mixture was precise
(I accurately prepared stock solutions several times). I cannot
understand where the problem is&hellip;

May be it is necessary to add more activator (dibenzoyl peroxide and
N,N-3,5-tetramethylaniline).
May be it is necessary to mix stock solutions A and B in another
proportion (not 9:1).
May be it is not necessary to use sealed moulds (however, in the
manufacturer&rsquo;s protocol it is written to use sealed moulds).
What should I do? May be the polymerization of Technovit 9100 New is
only theoretically but not practically possible&hellip;

Thank you in advance,
Andrey