[Histonet] immunocytochemistry

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jan 12 14:52:26 CST 2007

Melissa:
  To start, it would have been better if there would have been stored in a refrigerator (4ºC).
  You do not need to rehydrate them, since methanol just fixed them (like a blood smear), so you can start by placing them in PBS.
  René J.

Melissa Mazan <melissa.mazan <@t> tufts.edu> wrote:
  Hi all, I haven't done immunofluorescence on cultured cells before, and
one of my colleagues would like me to do some - he's grown up the cells
on cover slips, then fixed with methanol/acetic acid. They've been
stored at room temp for the past week. Prior to staining, do I have to
rehydrate them with graded alcohols? or just rinse with PBS or
PBS/triton-x?
Thanks! Melissa

Melissa R. Mazan, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM
Associate Professor and Director of Equine Sports Medicine
Department of Clinical Sciences
Tufts Cumming School of Veterinary Medicine
200 Westborough Road
North Grafton, MA 01536
Tel:508-839-5395
Fax:508-839-7922