[Histonet] Cassette Identifier

Rush, Joyce Joyce.Rush <@t> sjmcmn.org
Fri Jan 12 12:22:54 CST 2007

Currently we have only the surgical number on our cassettes.  I really don't think that there is a problem with having a patient name, also, since cases sent out are, in our institution, for continuation of care.  Since this thread has come up it has made me think that a second identifier would probably be a good thing.  I'd be very interested in knowing what labeling method folks use, if an instrument, which one?is it interfaced to an AP computer system?, etc.  We have Cerner Millennium software and are checking with them to see what is available.

Thank you all so much for your help.

Joyce

Joyce A. Rush, BS, MT(ASCP)
Laboratory Manager
St Joseph's Medical Center
523 North Third Street
Brainerd, MN  56401
Office:218-828-7500   Fax:  218-828-7510

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu. If you have received this email in error please notify Rush, Joyce and destroy/delete the message. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the Author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Medical Center accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. St. Joseph's Medical Center, 523 N. 3rd street, Brainerd, MN 56401