[Histonet] Thermometers

Liz Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Thu Feb 15 12:16:54 CST 2007

It depends upon your SOP's most calibrated thermometers have a little
statement at the bottom of the certification that states that most
institutions recalibrate once a year but you must follows your own SOP's.
You then need to take into consideration what guidelines you are following
and what the standards are.  What I'm saying is that you can write in your
SOP's that you are going to calibrate once every 5 years, but when you get
inspected will the inspector think that is good enough. The kicker is the
cost to recalibrate is more than a new thermometer, we just purchase a new
calibrated thermometer each year and that's what is in our SOP's.

Liz

Manager
Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592