[Histonet] surgical brain specimens

LuAnn Anderson ander093 <@t> tc.umn.edu
Wed Feb 14 15:38:14 CST 2007

Hi Rene and Paula,

I have been using 5 micron sections of brain for
Bielschowski Silver stain for the last 15 years.
The tangles show up just fine. I do let my
special's slides air dry overnight though. I also
use a small amount of gelatin in my water bath
and use regular, non charged slides. If I cut
H&E's and need to stain the same day, I let them
dry well at RT or in a 40 degree drying oven
before putting in 60 degree oven and staining. I
rarely (can't remember the last time) lose tissue.

LuAnn Anderson HT(ASCP)
Neuropathology Lab
University of MInnesota