[Histonet] circularly polarized light microscope

Walters, Katherine S katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu
Mon Feb 12 16:23:26 CST 2007

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a microscope to use for quantifying my Sirius Red
stained samples.  I have looked on line and in the Histonet archives,
but I am unsure of what type of quality microscope I need to get a good
quantitation.  I have seen some relatively inexpensive scopes from a
company called LOMO, but I don't know anything about them.  Has anyone
done this before? Do you know if I can get this type of information from
just throwing in a couple of quarter-wave plates to our linearly
polarized microscope?  Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kathy