[Histonet] Prolong gold tips

Till, Renee TillRenee <@t> uams.edu
Mon Feb 12 10:08:51 CST 2007

Quite a few people seem to use this so I thought I'd try it and see if there
is any difference from Vectashield. I have tried the versions of both that
have DAPI. Couple of questions about the prolong. How long do you usually let
it cure before looking at the slides? How long before you seal the slides?
Also, it says to remove the excess moisture. How picky is it on this? The
first few slides I tried were not optimally done, but still it did not seem
as good as some of my slides with Vectashield. The DAPI was less bright and
the intensity varied in areas. I wondered if this was because I might have
got parts of the tissue drier than others (I blotted with a kimwipe).

Renee' Till, HT

Research Assistant

Arkansas Children's Nutrition Center

1212 Marshall St./N2021