[Histonet] Grossing Stations

Robert Chiovetti rchiovetti <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 21:54:46 CST 2007

Kathy,

Are you smelling formalin in the lab?  If so, check the condition of the filter, or check when the last time the filter was changed.  The filters in the Mopec self-contained ventilation systems contain potassium iodide to trap formalin vapors.  Maybe the filter is exhausted.

Just a thought...

Bob

Robert (Bob) Chiovetti, Ph.D.
Southwest Precision Instruments
Arizona's Microscopy Resource
132 North Elster Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710-3212
Tel./Fax 520-546-4986
www.swpinet.com
Member, Arizona Small Business Association
(www.asba.com)

----- Original Message ----
From: Kathy Gorham <kathyg <@t> eoni.com>
To: Temple Nancy <Nancy.Temple <@t> ssfhs.org>; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2007 5:13:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Grossing Stations

We have a 600 Mopec grossing station also but we are having some problem
with the ventilation.  Is your self contained or is it vented into your
hospital vent system?  Our's is self contained.  Is anyone having the same
problem or have any suggestions?  Thanks
Kathy Gorham
Supervisor Histology
Grande Ronde Hospital
LaGrande Or